I must have missed something

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: I must have missed something

Postby Milton » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:17 am

Bill_H It’s me Milton, and I did start this particular thread not the original one.

A couple of things I need to point out. Firstly I am not a D P fan and never have been.
Secondly I think I qualify as one of Chet’s true fans (read my fifth paragraph)

Lastly if you read my email again you will find it is not a personal attack on Bruce and you are very wrong if that’s what you have taken out of it. I have simply asked him a question which I felt deserved and answer, and I got it from him.

I enjoy Bruce’s videos so please don’t try and read into my post something that is obviously not there, and accuse me of any personal attack.
Milton

Postby Billy Anderson » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:27 am

Bruce, you are one of my favorites on the C'Board, and although I do not know you personally, I think I would like to have the opportunity to sit and pick with you (me sit and you pick). I'm truly sorry about the loss of your wife, and I realize how devastating that can be. Since I will not be listed in The Great Minds of the 21st Century, you certainly do not have to take my advice but I think you ought to KOPAP; however, I can certainly understand it if you want to lay off for a bit. Just do what you have to do and get us a post as soon as you feel up to it!

As for the blue guitar guy, that also was before my time on the Board but I agree with you 100% (I don't think Chet had this in mind when he did "Sneaking Around.").

Billy

To the best of my knowledge, no guitarists were harmed in making this post reply.
Billy Anderson

Postby Billy Anderson » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:40 am

Before you discography purists let me have it, I apologize for the "g" in Sneakin Around." Told you I wouldn't be in that Great Minds book. KOPAP. Billy
Billy Anderson

Postby keener » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:51 am

Whew! A fella can miss a lot while he's asleep. Maybe I should have stayed up a bit longer.

Anyway, I am not going to address everything that's been said since my last entry on this post ... I am sure I would overlook something important if I tried to, so rather than do that, I'll take a different route.

Bill and Billy, even though we haven't met, I consider you guys to be my friends. I appreciate you.

Milton, I appreciate you clearing up that you are not one of DP's fans trying to stir the pot. I think you can see how we might have gotten that impression, just as I gave a misimpression on the post that has become so controversial.

For all three: it is clear that we share a love of Chet and consider him to the best guitar picker of all time. It also seems to me that one other thing we loved about Chet was his humbleness, and that we all dislike seeing cockiness in a guitar picker. (Confidence yes, cockiness no) And we get upset when we think someone is being cocky to the point of putting another player down. So, we dislike when someone flaunts himself as Chet's replacement (DP), and we dislike when someone is being dismissive of another's talents (as Milton thought I was of DP). So, sounds like all of us are true ChetBoard'ers. And, now, maybe we can let this fizzle out.

Thanks
Bruce
keener

Postby bill_h » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Milton, obviously I took your post the wrong way. I apologize for reading things into your post that you never said and didn't mean. I did not conduct myself like a genuine fan of Chet should. I hope you will accept my apologies. I've no doubt that you're as true a fan of Chet's as anyone that reads and posts on this board.
bill_h

Postby Milton » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:32 am

No problem bill_h I will admit my original question was a little strong the way I put it. Next time I will focus more on the wording.
Lets keep pickin
Milton

Previous

Return to Announcement and News