Small High Quality Amp

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: Small High Quality Amp

Postby jhayes » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks for all of the suggestions on the small amps. I may have a problem finding a dealer close by for some of the amps, but, I'll go to the web sites and see if there's a dealer close to the house. I know I can play through some of them at Musician's Friend near home, but, will have to check Guitar Center's web site in Indianapolis to see if they carry any of them. I'd like to play through each of the amps everyone has mentioned just compare them to each other. So many amps-so little time! :) Jim
Jim Hayes
jhayes

Postby billmoit » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Jim,

I bought the Phil Jones last summer at the Sam Ash store in Castleton for the rock bottom price of 299. It was the last one at the time. Great amp because it sounds much better than you would expect. It has no reverb but a Boss delay pedal takes care of that. It has a PA out so it can be a monitor for you while it feeds the larger sound system. Light weight. Throw the bag over your shoulder. I love it.
billmoit

Postby jhayes » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:11 am

Thanks for the information on the Sam Ash store in Castleton. I'll call them and see if they'll get more Phil Jones Amps in stock. That store didn't come up on the Phil Jones web site as a dealer, but, they must know a good amp when they see it. Best regards, Jim
Jim Hayes
jhayes

Postby Terry McArthur » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:16 pm

I have to agree, the Phil Jones cub 100 is excellent. I haven't seen them anywhere close to the $299 that millmoit mentioned. More like $565.00 most places that I've seen.
Terry McArthur

Postby George Beasley » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:02 am

I have a Schertler amp...the David model...and it sounds great. If I had to do it over again, I might go with the Unico amp, just for the extra volume.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby BillB » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:45 am

The Phil Jones cub was apparently $299, then went up to $399. Now, they have it priced higher, but you might be able to email that place and get a better price. I don't have one, but I've played through one. It sounded nice. John McClellan's really sounded nice at CAAS as well.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby jhayes » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks for all of the information on the amps. I've written the names and models down so that I'll have a reference when I start looking. It sounds like some really good options available. Jim
Jim Hayes
jhayes

Previous

Return to Announcement and News