"Struttin"

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: "Struttin"

Postby rkk2786 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:46 pm

I grew up around Chet and Jerry, and never heard either say they were as good as anyone... however DP wants to tell people is is as good as Chet... LMAO! Seriously show me the money! As Dad said just warmed over Chet stuff. Chet did it first and that's what's important not ego's from want - a - bee's!
rkk2786

Postby rkk2786 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Just going to say, if your clever enough, everything can be figured out with this recording, I already have.
rkk2786

Postby rkk2786 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:48 pm

You will never be able to out Chet - Chet, there will never be another Chet and furthermore neither will you be able to out do Jerry! If you think you can good luck! I will go on the record and say go for it and try it and see how far you get.
rkk2786

Postby DagerRande » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:07 pm

Micah, I think a lot of it has to do with wanting to avoid all of those years of paying his dues and jumping through the traditional hoops and then just jumping in front of an international group of loyal Chet fans who are already in place, with the hope of replacing Chet and redirecting all of that adoration and loyalty toward himself!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Douglas » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:49 pm

DagerRande wrote:Micah, I think a lot of it has to do with wanting to avoid all of those years of paying his dues and jumping through the traditional hoops and then just jumping in front of an international group of loyal Chet fans who are already in place, with the hope of replacing Chet and redirecting all of that adoration and loyalty toward himself!

FWIW, at the end of the day he only succeeds in redirecting disdain and hostility. Funny how that works. Might be better to present it as “here’s my attempt at trying to play like Chet. It’s like trying to figure out the 11 secret herbs & spices...you can come close, but never match the original”.

It’s better to play tribute than to play an idol.

Just my opinion, and it oughta be his. :D

Doug
Douglas

Postby tacomamanguy » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:37 am

PhilHunt wrote:Nice job job David….what’s this alias number 45 for you?
Always seems to happen right near CAAS

I don't understand why would you think I am David Paul? This is not some new account, I've been on the board for over a decade.
tacomamanguy

Postby Eddie Estes » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:58 am

So who is playing? If you are going to post about “ this guys” being the best, what is his name?
Eddie Estes

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins