A Young Chet Picker

Watch and share videos from youtube

Re: A Young Chet Picker

Postby Hendrik » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:12 am

DagerRande wrote:Hendrik, I have the same trouble but Richard insists that I would have more overall control of I never braced my pinky and allow of my fingers to be "free". I admire your interest and dedication to all of this. I know that you are relatively young and people in your generation are generally not attracted to this type of music. Then there is the issue of the patience required to learn it well because it is difficult and it's

Jim, I agree with you about all of the possible influences that you pointed out.

Thanks Rande! Tommy Emmanuel said it well: dedication and determination. It's too bad that in my country there aren't a lot of people who play thumb style. Tommy popularized it here (and Europe), but most keep it with Tommy and don't the bother history of thumb style.
Hendrik

Re: A Young Chet Picker

Postby DagerRande » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:20 am

Hendrik, my development with all of this was so long ago that we didn't have instruction or anyone else to observe or interact with. All I had were vinyl records of Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed, a good ear and my imagination!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Previous

Return to Video Files