Fred Kelly freedom picks (fingerpicks)

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Fred Kelly freedom picks (fingerpicks)

Postby rhirvine » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:13 pm

I finally received my Fred Kelly fingerpicks in the mail but have a dumb question, are they supposed to be worn with the picking surface above your fingernail or with the picking surface below your fingernail. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot so to speak. Thanks. :mrgreen:
rhirvine

Re: Fred Kelly freedom picks (fingerpicks)

Postby GlenHines » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:59 pm

I can't say for sure since I don't use them, but if they're the ones I'm thinking of, the picking surface is above your fingernail. The long side goes over your fingernail.
Glen Hines
GlenHines

Postby RonBloor » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:26 pm

You are correct Glen. I tore my index finger nail up pretty bad, so I've been using one on my index finger and the plastic pretty much emulates your real nail. so shiny side up :) There is also a benefit if you have a fleshy finger... Enough of my finger sticks out between the opening so you can use the flesh on your finger for harmonics just as if you were not wearing the freedom pick at all...
On the down side. I tried using them on all three fingers and just don't like it at all.. They click against each other and are uncomfortable.. However, if I really was forced to use all three, I would get use to it.
I also tried both the clear and the white ones. I find the white ones are much more like your real nail and/or an acrylic nail. The clear ones are very soft and mellow sounding... Not sharp at all.. However, this may be what you want.
Last edited by RonBloor on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby rhirvine » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Thanks guys I really appreciate it.
rhirvine

Return to Guitars and Equipment