My new amplifier, RIVERA SEDONA LITE 55

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

My new amplifier, RIVERA SEDONA LITE 55

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Hello everyone, waiting to upload a video to wish you Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, I share with you the latest addition to my home. The fantastic Rivera Sedona Lite 55 Split.

I always loved the sound and style Of Doyle Dykes, here is my acoustic sound today may be closer to his.

Tried a few hours at home with my Taylor 814ce, what to say, NEVER HEARD BEFORE TODAY AN ACOUSTIC guitar SOUND SO FULL-BODIED AND HOT.

Special thanks to Doyle Dykes and the Rivera family.

A presto, PAOLO.
Attachments
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
Spadaro Paolo

Re: My new amplifier, RIVERA SEDONA LITE 55

Postby Roger Pratt » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:13 pm

Love it Paolo!!!! Can't wait to hear it.
Roger Pratt

Postby DagerRande » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Paolo, I have always liked the sound of those too. I agree that Doyle likes them and he is the first person I have ever watched playing one.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby LMark » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Isn't that a Sedona on the left, too? In what way is the lite superior? Just curious. LMark
LMark

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:29 am

No LMark, one on the left is a rivera Chubster 40w, just as beautiful, but not suitable for acoustic guitar.
Has two Britisch and American channels (Clean and Drive).

The rivera are really Boutique amp !!!!

Thanks Roger, you'll feel it soon I hope.

Dager, as mentioned in a post before, Doyle Dykes for me is more than any other figure of Chet, not only because it has a great taste in music and fantastic sought and an excellent technique, but because (as Chet), collaborates actively to the development of musical instruments like guitars and amplifiers.

Rivera is an obvious example.

Doyle Dykes for me is the sixth CGP!

Grazie, Paolo.
Spadaro Paolo

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:36 am

I hope you enjoy the new amp and I can't wait to hear some songs from you. I always enjoy your videos. Hope you have a great holiday.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby LMark » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Paolo, plug one of your electrics and select channel two. Set it to the best Chet tone with the Treb, Mid, Bass, Notch, etc. Then go over to those two dials at the far right. They are very sensitive controls; tweakable. Leave the right hand one pushed in but set it to 10. Pull the left one and turn it to 7-8. What do you think? LMark
LMark

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:54 am

I tried these settings on my Christmas video.
You say, the Chet sound is present?

Thanks for the tip LMark, I was just reading the manual that this amp antifeedback system also functions as the equalizer .........
What a wonderful amplifier.

THANK YOU
Spadaro Paolo

Postby LMark » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Spadaro Paolo wrote:You say, the Chet sound is present?
Yes, you can get close. But I was a bit unclear. Sorry. It's actually been a while since I played mine. I just reported to you the last setting of my EQ dials, but maybe they had been bumped. Anyhow, aim for the most Chet-like tone with the EQ off, using Bass, Mid, and Treble, Notch (try both positions), etc. Then activate the EQ and tweak the tone using the two dials on the right in various configurations from 7-10. I had actually found one "sweet" spot for Chet and another for Merle. I may have given you the Merle setting by accident in the previous post. Try the left knob at 7.5 and the right at 7. Slight changes can make a huge difference; these dials are quite sensitive. You have a good ear and will find the sweet spots. But most of all, just enjoy the amp. And record some more Chet. We really enjoy and appreciate your sharing your giftedness with us. LMark
LMark

Return to Guitars and Equipment