Dusenburg Tremolo

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Dusenburg Tremolo

Postby Skip Ellis » Wed May 25, 2022 1:24 pm

My 'go to' guitar for 'Chet' stuff is a beautiful Ibanez AS153 semi hollow....but..... it doesn't have a tremolo. I really don't want to use a Bigsby and put screw holes in the guitar so I've been looking at the Dusenburg 'Les Trem II' from Germany that replaces the stop tailpiece. They have good reviews and are not super expensive - have to import from Europe, though. Has anyone tried one of these? Does it interfere with muting strings?
Skip Ellis

Re: Dusenburg Tremolo

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed May 25, 2022 2:15 pm

Skip, I have a Les Trem installed on my 1990 Gibson Chet AtkinsTennessean. I don't know if it is a version II or not. I like it very much and the spring in mine feels very much like a
Bigsby spring. You can see what it looks like on my Ray Bohlken Youtube channel on Windy and Warm and Michelle and a couple of others. I use it a lot on songs which I haven't put on Youtube yet and it sounds good to me. I think you'd like it.
Hope this helps.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Skip Ellis » Wed May 25, 2022 5:06 pm

Thanks Ray! It looks like you have the 'Rockinger' tremolo from the 70's. It was invented by some German engineers so it might have been the same people. The new one (Dusenburg Les Trem II) is much less expensive and works differently. They're kinda hard to find in the States but I may order one from Europe. There's a video on You Tube about it being installed on my exact model guitar (Ibanez AS153). Good playing on your channel, by the way - I'll subscribe and steal a lick or two. Thanks again!
Skip Ellis

Postby Ray Bohlken » Wed May 25, 2022 7:01 pm

Skip, if you check for "Les Trem" on Reverb.com, they have a few listed...all from overseas, plus a used one like mine. I appreciate your comments about my playing. Steal all the licks you want...that's what I did. :D
Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Guitars and Equipment