fingerstyle guitar mag

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: fingerstyle guitar mag

Postby John Trahan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm one of the many on this board who received one issue of the magazine last year and no more. Since many of the contacts on their web site list NJ addresses, and I'm a resident of NJ, I have contacted the State Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs (Fraud) and filed a complaint. Let's see what happens, if anything.
John Trahan

Postby RonBloor » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:17 am

I've been watching posts about fingerstyle magazine on a couple of forums on which I lurk... They are all saying the same thing. Subscriptions are just not being honored. Bill Piburn is a very respected and well liked guy, so it begs the question. Why does he continue to associate himself with the magazine!!! There must be good reasons for which I'm not privy to, so I will not speculate further.. and I wish him luck. However, there seems to be a real opportunity here to provide a product to a sizeable community of guitar players. Sure there are many other magazines, but I think there is a niche that isn't being filled by them.
I don't want keep this thread going.. I'm just musing. That's what old guitar players do :)
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby RandeDager » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:23 am

Ron, I agree with you and am also wondering why Bill PIburn continues to associate himself with FG Magazine. My guess is that he continues to be optimistic that things will turn around and also the fact there is no other magazine dedicated
to this specialty. Once in a while I'll scan "Acoustic Guitar Magazine", but my interest is more in THE WAY the song is played rather than the category of guitar it's played on. Electric is fine with me.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Postby John Trahan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:31 pm

John Trahan wrote:I'm one of the many on this board who received one issue of the magazine last year and no more. Since many of the contacts on their web site list NJ addresses, and I'm a resident of NJ, I have contacted the State Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs (Fraud) and filed a complaint. Let's see what happens, if anything.

Well, here's the update. Today I received a "Response to Your Inquiry" from the US Postal Inspection Service. It says, "Thank you for contacting the U.S.Postal Inspection Service. The information you provided has been entered in our national Fraud Complaint System. If we need more information, you will be contacted. . . We may share the information you provided with other agencies when there is a possible violation within their jurisdiction. . . In the future, if you have complaints about mail fraud or mail theft, you can visit our website, http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors to file your complaint online."

I've never received a response from NJ's Consumer Affairs agency.
John Trahan

Postby RandeDager » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:42 am

Out of curiosity, what is the focus or content of issue #71 of FGM that was personally handed out last Summer at CAAS? Right now I own a single copy of the issue that most of us subscribers received with Chet on the cover. If I never receive another one, this issue cost me about $55.00.
Rande
RandeDager

Postby Longridge » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:55 am

Check out the contents (plus CD) -- http://fingerstyleguitar.com/
Longridge

Previous

Return to Announcement and News