Nice Tab Site

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Nice Tab Site

Postby baggetta » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:36 am

Hi, All. Not sure if you are already aware of it, but I came upon a nice tab site which some of the boarders might be interested in. They have some nice tunes in fingerstyle. It's called Fingerstyle Down Under. I like finding sites like this because it gives me some new tunes to practice my sorely needed skills.
Best
Al B.
http://www.guitardownunder.com/fingerstyle.html
baggetta

Re: Nice Tab Site

Postby David Elliott » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:47 pm

This is a good site Al, Thanks-

There is a very pretty arrangement (audio file) of the 'Tennessee Waltz' on there, in case you haven't listened to it!

David
David Elliott

Postby baggetta » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi, Dave. Yes this is a good site. It is nice that they also sometimes include a video with the tab.
Al B.
baggetta

Postby PaulBennett » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:54 am

David, I too was impressed by the bluesy version of the Tennessee Waltz mp3 file at FingerstyleDownUnder.com. So I downloaded then converted the pdf tab file, note for note, into a tef file and was disappointed it didn't have the nuances which made the mp3 version so pretty. In any case, you are welcome to to the tef file. I uploaded it to the http://www.ForPersonalUseOnly.com site under 'standards'.

Incidently, I'm going to let that FPUO tab site url fade in obsecurity because of it's cost, not great but things add up. I plan to leave the tabs up there but access to them will be elsewise when I figure it out.
PaulBennett

Postby David Elliott » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 am

In any case, you are welcome to to the tef file. I uploaded it to the http://www.ForPersonalUseOnly.com site under 'standards'

Thanks, Paul!

David
David Elliott

Postby PaulBennett » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:25 am

Jack Baker wrote:It looks like many or most of your website tabs have been downloaded from my website

You just downloaded 71 tef files last night 7:11pm to 8:27pm from MY private web page and are saying what?

Get a life.

For the record, none of my personal collection came from your web site...I have no idea where it is nor do I have need to do so. My lawyer told me to ignore your (previous) threats of a law suit, you owe me his fee.
PaulBennett

Postby BillB » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 pm

I just had a look at the site. I looked at some of the tabs, and Jack's name does show up on a large number of them. And many of the ones by other people seem to be the same as what are on Jacks site. Not that they came directly from Jack's website, but I'd guess that's where they were originally posted on the internet. Anyway, that's the ways it seems, whether or not it was known at the time.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby jay » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 am

"Not that they came directly from Jack's website, but I'd guess that's where they were originally posted on the internet."
Does it matter? I appreciate both gentlemen collecting these tabs and allowing us to download them for free. Hosting and maintaining a website costs $$$, and countless hours of time and effort, so I appreciate their generosity.
Last edited by jay on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jay kantor
jay

Postby BillB » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:12 am

Jay,
Apparently, it matters to them. But I feel the same way that you do. I appreciate their tab collections.

However, it seems that someone was under verbal attack when he may have very well been in the right. It didn't seem to me that Jack was trying to start anything, just simply stating that some of those tabs may have come from his site. If you go to the other site and click on a tab, it automatically downloads it to your computer for you to open. Jack probably saw them and opened them to see if they were his, thus not realizing he was downloading them. Indeed, he saw that many of them were originally done by him. He was blasted for even making the statement, even though many of them do have his name. Now I don't know about any previous contact between the two (which may have some bearing on this whole thing), but it seems to me that Jack was very honest in his first statement.

I will say that what came after that from both parties involved may have been over-reactions and may be better handled outside of the Chetboard. However, that may not be very fruitful if it were to go as these messages have gone. Contrary to the pride that we all seem to express from time to time, it is okay for people to say, "Oops! I spoke too soon," or "...too harshly," or simply, "I was wrong."

Just my $.02 worth.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby RandeDager » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Bill, I agree with you. It's one thing for us to appreciate the tab contributions and the opportunity to access them but it would be difficult to keep quiet after a public attack. These are business people whose reputations are important and defending one's self is natural. Doing it outside this board may have seemed like a wiser choice but I believe that the reason the defense was done here is because this is where the attack occurred. Handling the defense outside the board would have appeared to the readers as an admission of guilt due to non-response. Standing up for one's self is usually admired by onlookers.

Being a mathematician, that was my PI (3.14159.....) cents worth.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Return to Announcement and News