Pat Bergeson

Post comments and add photos from CAAS 2010.

Pat Bergeson

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:40 am

I snapped a photo of Pat Bergeson at CAAS '94 trying one of Ray Butts pickups at Ray's table (that's the back of Ray's head in the photo). I am not sure who Pat's friend is listening to him play Ray's Gibson.
Attachments
Pat Bergeson trying a Ray Butts PU.jpg
Pat Bergeson CAAS '94 plays Ray Butts Pickup
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Re: Pat Bergeson

Postby pbergeson » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:33 am

Answer to Ronnie Evans Question.

Hi Ronnie,
That is Jack Pearson in that photo. He is one of my favorite guitar players.
Pat
pbergeson

Re: Pat Bergeson

Postby RandeDager » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Pat,

I played guitar for 2 years for Jan Rooney (Mickey’s wife) and she had once crossed paths with Chet and we found out that he was performing at the Ambassador Auditorium in Pasadena, so I took her. I had been attending his concerts since the late 60’s but it was her first.

That was the first night I was aware of you. I know what you mean about Chet liking your tone because he made quite a thing about it when he was introducing you. As I recall, you played “Autumn Leaves” on what appeared to be a green Strat, maybe a Peavey. When you finished, Jan leaned over to me and commented on how right Chet was about you and how smooth you sounded.

We went backstage afterward and his drummer, Randy Hauser (deceased now?), told us that Chet was “right on” that evening. That was the smoothest and most flawless evening I had ever attended for a Chet concert. You were part of a great evening and your contribution to the overall sound was very tasteful.

Rande
Rande
RandeDager

Return to CAAS 2010