A Chet Tune That You Don’t Hear Much

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

A Chet Tune That You Don’t Hear Much

Postby Doug Working » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:43 am

I posted this on my new Chet YouTube channel yesterday, and I have to admit it was off my radar for all my life, really. You know me, I like to find and keep EVERYTHING Mr Guitar recorded. Not much flies by my Chet Radar, but somehow this one did.

But my good friend and A#1 Chet style picker David Simmons somehow sniffed it out and brought it to my home court. Bless him! David’s a sweet guy. Generous to a fault, and happens to be one of the finest Chet style pickers in the world.

Anyhoo, Chet is a guest on the recording, but he pulls some mighty fine tones out of that axe, (which is normal for him.) I thought y’all would enjoy it:

https://youtu.be/nkHMUkmAht0
Doug Working

Re: A Chet Tune That You Don’t Hear Much

Postby rhirvine » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:02 pm

Thanks Doug! I really enjoyed that and had never heard it before. I am a Pat Donohue fan and have a couple of his albums and have got to see him play and sing in the L.A. area. But I've mainly always been a Chet Atkins fan. I love the verbal interplay between these two great entertainers and pickers.
rhirvine

Postby Doug Working » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:10 pm

It was a real treat for me, too!

Finding recordings of Chet I’ve not yet heard is like mining for nuggets of gold for me. It’s a never ending delight, and finding a new Chet recording is like the icing on the cake of an otherwise good day. And we have our good friend David Simmons to thank for this one.

David’s “Chet radar” is even sharper than mine, at times....I think.

Yes indeed, that’s a possibility.
Doug Working

Postby donusa1 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:56 pm

They played this song live on "A Prairie Home Companion" many moons ago and I laughed when I heard it. But I didn't know it was recorded. Thanks for posting it.
donusa1

Postby Doug Working » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:37 am

My pleasure!

I’m trying to make my new Y’tube Chet channel with a lot more variety than my previous one. Trying very hard.

New and improved. Cant hardly seem to get subscribers, though. I’m stumped.
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins