'Chaplin In New Shoes'

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

'Chaplin In New Shoes'

Postby tacomamanguy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:44 am

Charlie Chaplin was one of the greatest comedians that ever lived. At one point he was the most famous person on the planet. In 1971 Chet Atkins recorded the classic that we all know and love written by Boudleaux Bryant, “Chaplin In New Shoes". It has been noted that Charlie Chaplin believed that Chet played the best rendition of Charlie’s song “Limelight’ from the album "Chet Atkins In Hollywood”. Here’s David Paul playing “Chaplin In New Shoes” from his newest album, “Musical Souls”, due to be released on November 14th.

-Andrew G.

https://youtu.be/SnNdo6IlYwY

“Chaplin In New Shoes”
Attachments
Screenshot_20211019-024124_Gmail.jpg
tacomamanguy

Re: 'Chaplin In New Shoes'

Postby rhirvine » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:04 pm

Maybe I shouldn't say this but I "invested' in David Paul a number of years ago but he never paid me back with interest as he claimed would happen in the then near future. Of course that's money under the bridge, and I don't ever expect to get it back. But after a year or two I realized that he duped me out of my money. I was done with him years ago. I suspect "Tacomaguy" is an alter ego of him but if it's not please relay this message to him. He seems like a good guitar player but he's no Chet Atkins or Ray Cummins for that matter. He could be playing near my hometown but I wouldn't go to see him. I would go fairly far away to see a Ray Cummins concert.
rhirvine

Postby tacomamanguy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:03 am

rhirvine wrote:Maybe I shouldn't say this but I "invested' in David Paul a number of years ago but he never paid me back with interest as he claimed would happen in the then near future. Of course that's money under the bridge, and I don't ever expect to get it back. But after a year or two I realized that he duped me out of my money. I was done with him years ago. I suspect "Tacomaguy" is an alter ego of him but if it's not please relay this message to him. He seems like a good guitar player but he's no Chet Atkins or Ray Cummins for that matter. He could be playing near my hometown but I wouldn't go to see him. I would go fairly far away to see a Ray Cummins concert.

I don't understand why people are assuming I am Mr David paul, my account is over 10 years old. This man is a fantastic guitar player and I am just sharing some of his great recordings with fellow Chet fans. That's all.
tacomamanguy

Postby rhirvine » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:19 pm

Ok maybe you are not DP but what I say still stands. He is no C.A. he is a imitator.
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 am

Rich, I think you meant "an imitator" rather than "a imitator" because "imitator" starts with a vowel Yes, I'm being a
smart a## :-) I miss being able to see you, now that one of my daughters near you passed away last year and the other one moved to Virginia!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby rhirvine » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Well, turnabout is fair play Rande! I pulled the "me neither" thing on you a while back of F.B.
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:21 pm

LOL, Rich! No, I wasn't trying to "pay you back"! It was just an isolated thing that caught my attention! :-)
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:32 pm

Rich, I share your feelings about DP. Tacomaguy (or whoever you are, use your real name like most of us do on here) you will not find many Chetboard users that want anything whatsoever to do with DP. I was there at the CAAS convention when he showed up with his blonde hair and bodyguards trying to crash our convention. He failed miserably as he has done trying to act like he is as good as Chet Atkins. Another miserable failure. He is a faker and subpar musician, that's all he is nothing more!
Roger Pratt

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins