Struttin / All My Loving

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Struttin / All My Loving

Postby tacomamanguy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Struttin:

It’s very disturbing to know that a man could be so good so close to Chet that he is chastised for doing it. I contacted this great player (which wasn’t easy). I was completely floored that he was the only one I’ve ever heard ( anywhere, anytime especially here) that sounded exactly like Chet which would be a dream or the benchmark for any of us! When we met in person I asked him about this new arrangement of Struttin asking him to play it for me. What amp did you use on that? He told me an acoustic strawberry blonde fender is best one for a CE. I asked him to play Struttin for me. He played it and sounded exactly like what I heard earlier and what your hearing now. Looking at his nails and trying to figure out how does he get this amazing sound. It’s in his fingers probably of the best fingerstyle guitar players ever that does the style IMHO. He uses an Arkansas Flat File told me that really helps with his sound. Now doing anniversary songs of Chet's in his New Vinyl & CD to mark Chet's 20th year of Chet's passing called GUITAR LEGACY this fall. Anyone who says this is Chet playing is paying him the biggest compliment. NO, it's not Chet playing it's David Paul. I love the guitar he was playing so much I bought it from him!

Atkins and Bogguss were nominated for the 1996 Grammy award.
Best Country & Western Vocal Collaboration (for the song "All My Loving" on the Beatles tribute album Come Together: America Salutes The Beatles) but did not win.
David Paul did a Great Tribute to Chet & Suzy. 25th anniversary
No this is NOT Chet or Suzy Bogguss
Nicloe Carino> singing
David Paul > Guitar with Orchestra

All My Loving/Tribute 25th yr Anniversary.

Jealousy can either be suspicious or reactive, and it is often reinforced as a series of particularly strong emotions of dislike or distrust is a feeling or state of resentment, bitterness, or hostility toward someone because they have something that you don’t. This is not Chet! You should be glad he exists! Now Call Me A Liar!

David Paul’s Guitar! Now I’m in Disneyland.

-Andrew G.
Attachments
David Paul.jpeg
David Paul.jpeg (42.13 KiB) Viewed 7136 times
All My Loving Tribute Chet & Suzy 1_mixdown copy.mp3
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 836 times
tacomamanguy

Re: Struttin / All My Loving

Postby Eddie Estes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:47 pm

Jealous of what?
Richard Smith is a great friend of mine and he is a better player than i will ever be and I am not jealous of him.
I admire his playing.
Why should I be jealous of David Paul.
Eddie Estes
Eddie Estes

Postby Eddie Estes » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Ok none of us were jealous of Chet. We loved his playing and we loved him. He was better than David Paul or anyone else for that matter will ever be. So please tell us again what great accomplishments David Paul has done other than be a liar!
Eddie Estes

Postby PhilHunt » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:48 pm

Are we seriously doing this again????
The man DP obviously does not have “both oars in the water”!
Any kind of person that takes it upon themself to hold their own Appreciation Society the same time as The Chet Atkins Appreciation Society is obviously a demented narcissist! And yes it did happen.
It is disrespectful to CHET ATKINS, THE CHET ATKINS FAMILY & ESTATE, CAAS, and to this Chetboard.
I better stop there…..
PhilHunt

Postby Spadaro Paolo » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:10 pm

we don't have to feed this matter, guys ...
we just don't have to answer, indifference is the key.
Spadaro Paolo

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins