My new guitar hero

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

My new guitar hero

Postby Doug Working » Thu May 21, 2020 12:58 pm

I have to admit, I had never heard of Charlie Hosada until today. And after listening to a # of his covers, I am way impressed! He has a great touch1

Just one of thousands whom Chet inspired, but some seem to stand out as exceptional. Charlie is in that group

https://youtu.be/xBqRyChG8XE
Doug Working

Re: My new guitar hero

Postby Steve Moran » Thu May 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Really nice playing!
Steve
Steve Moran

Re: My new guitar he

Postby Doug Working » Thu May 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Yup. Bojangles, the way Chet plays it, has a lot of nuances. He’s nailed the nuances real nice.

I subsequently listened to several of his Chet covers, and he is really, really spot on.

I found him on FB. Sent him a friend request. His FB photo says Chet Atkins is my hero.

My kind of picker!
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Thu May 21, 2020 6:03 pm

Here’s another not so easy one that he nails:

https://youtu.be/nFfPWumiy5w
Doug Working

Postby Steve Sanders » Fri May 22, 2020 10:25 am

Well, I too have never heard about Charlie! He really is a great Chet-picker! Wonder where is he at? What nationality is he? A fellar sure could learn a lot just watching his videos! Clean up some tunes we've been playing for years! One of the best I've ever heard or seen, and I've seen a LOT! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby Doug Working » Fri May 22, 2020 1:27 pm

He is in Japan.

The guy (like Chet) is very humble. You know how Chet was very self effacing? Same with Charlie.

I friended him on FB. His message blew me away. He said “What I am doing is imitating Chet. And it’s very poor. I know. If you watch videos of many guitar players on FB and Y’tube, they know how to play. They play very dexterously, and they record beautiful sounds with very good equipment. But...what I’m doing...it’s very poor. Everyone praises me, but I know. But, I still play the guitar today. I like the guitar and Chet records.

Your friend Charlie.”

Now is that humble, or what??
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Fri May 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Doug, I've been talking with Charlie for the past several months on FaceBook. I guess he's not part of your group even though he is with mine. Yes, he's very dedicated and has been part of a Ventures group that was performing quite often in Japan until this international shutdown. He's a huge fan of Chet! I'm glad you've found him! Tell him hi for me! :-)
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Sat May 23, 2020 8:19 am

Group? Which one. I’m in two guitar groups on FB.

Does he know about the Chetboard? Surely he’d enjoy being on here, and I was thinking about inviting him to join us here.
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Sun May 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Doug, he is one of the nearly 5,000 members of my personal FB group but the majority are guitar players. This is the same group that you are in with me.

He has also posted on the special Chet Atkins FB page but I rarely get over there. Pretty much all of my friends such as John Knowles, Richard Smith, Eddie Estes, Audie Wykle, Phil Hunt, etc., etc. are in the same group of mine that you are, so I don't feel the need to go to the other page, but maybe I should? I'm a member of Chet's FB page as well as Jerry's but everyone I know is already in my main group. However, my group is also made up of many personal friends, and former students from all over the world. Focusing just on Chet or Jerry fans, might draw more attention and any music I would post?
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Mon May 25, 2020 3:10 am

You can never belong to too many groups!

The page for Chet and the one for Jerry that you mentioned...what are the exact names of those groups so I can do a search in the search bar?
Doug Working

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins