This made me weep! Chet and Lenny

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

This made me weep! Chet and Lenny

Postby Doug Working » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:19 pm

If there is any doubt how much Chet loved Lenny Breau, this should remove all doubt,

It’s a heart breaker:

https://youtu.be/6wVV5jdjb0U
Doug Working

Re: This made me weep! Chet and Lenny

Postby DagerRande » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Doug, at one of the CAAS conventions in the mid 90's we used to divide up into 3 or 4 groups to be able to spend personal time with Chet where each group would be scheduled to meet in one of the small side rooms and Chet would sit up front and answer questions from the audience. What you saw is this video is very much like the way he reacted in the group I was in that day when one of the guys asked him about Lenny. After he composed himself he explained to everyone how important Lenny was in his life and how devastated he was when he heard the news of his death and that he could never predict when his emotion would surface to that extent and ended with telling us that he'd never get over it.

Lenny didn't have a "normal" life and Chet was like a father to him. In fact, Lenny's son Chet Breau used to show up on this board a few years back! I made a fool of myself once joking about his name and laughing at the combination and telling him that the next thing I knew, he'd be telling me that he was Lenny's son and was named after Chet! I felt pretty stupid when he told me that I had guessed right and wondered why I thought that was so funny? :oops:
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:31 pm

I’m at a total loss for words..
Doug Working

Postby rhirvine » Fri May 01, 2020 2:22 pm

It was heart breaking and I guess Breau's daughter does look a lot like he did. I went on to watch the 8 minute clip which was very nice.
rhirvine

Postby Doug Working » Fri May 01, 2020 5:51 pm

Chet had a beautiful heart. He was emotionally sensitive, by his own admission, just like me. I’m the same way. I read in an interview with him once he said that he cried at the drop of a hat.

That’s the way I am. And it’s the way my dad was toward the end of his life. This video shows how very, VERY much Lenny meant to him.

Now I’m starting to ball... I better stop typing.
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins