Epiphone Country Gentleman II Guitar

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Epiphone Country Gentleman II Guitar

Postby Steve Moran » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Thought I would share this with fellow Chetboarders. My favorite bigsby guitar to play is my Epiphone Country Gentleman 2. These were made in the late 1980's and the neck on this one is so nice to play on. I had upgraded and added gold hardware and a Bigsby vibrato 10 or more years ago but just recently added a TV Jones Supertron pickup at the neck position and also changed the tuners to some real nice Gotoh's. The sound is really nice and the Gotoh's are easy on the fingers and well made. I've attached pictures of it. Thanks for looking.
Steve Moran
Black CGII Pic 2.jpg
Black CGII Pic 3.jpg
Black CGII Pic 4.jpg
Steve Moran

Re: Epiphone Country Gentleman II Guitar

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:17 pm

That's a beauty Steve! I owned one a few (ha) years ago but mine was not the guitar that you seem to have found. I'm glad you love it!
Roger Pratt

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:09 am

I had one a BUNCH of years ago and had a lot of fun with it. I thought the neck pickup sounded great and played mostly using that pickup. Steve, yours looks great and it sounds like you have made some great upgrades. Have fun.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Steve Moran » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:42 am

Thanks Roger and Ray! Like it so much I got another one in sunburst but the neck is about 1/16" thicker so not quite as easy to play so I plan on shaving off 1/8" on that one to make it even thinner which should make it really easy to play. Also, put a B-Blender on that one to make it something different. Would like to be able to cut the B-Blender arm and attach the end portion of a standard Chet Bigsby curved arm. Making the attachment stable may be challenging connecting these 2 metal pieces. If it works it would leave it sort of like a fixed Chet arm with b-bender type capability. If I'm able to do the upgrades I'll plan on posting that too.
Thanks.
Steve
Steve Moran

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins