Tab program

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Tab program

Postby rhirvine » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:12 pm

This is the 2nd time I tried to do this. The first time something obliterated it. I would like to digitally provide the lessons I got for learning "Travis picking (in the Peter, Paul and Mary sense) as well as Chet Atkins playing". In the late 60's, I was able to learn the rudiments of thumb and finger style from my guitar teacher. He provided me with a 1/2 hour lession and some simple tab which really worked for me to help separate my right thumb and fingers. I need a cheap or free tab producing app. Thanks.
rhirvine

Re: Tab program

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:03 am

Rich, I used TUX to tab out a song I was trying to write in Chet Style and it worked pretty well for me. I had to play with it a bit to learn how it worked. I used it on a Windows XP and a Windows 7 computer. I haven't tried it on Windows 10 and don't know if it has been updated to work on theat. Here is a link to it.

http://tuxguitar.com.ar/

I hope that helps.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Re: Tab program

Postby DagerRande » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:57 pm

I think that "tabledit" is probably the best one out there. I started with the free version several years ago and eventually upgraded to the paid version for $59 or something like that, and the upgrades are free for life! I'm always amazed when a new one comes out and I'm notified and it has never cost me any more since I first bought it.

The hangup for me is that I can put something together with it by ear but the best finished tabs are done by people who have a formal background and can take advantage of all of the features that were meant for musically educated people.

However, this is the program I used to show Eddie how to play my version of "Sesame Street" and he learned it well enough to perform it!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins