Upcoming Gospel Benefit Concert

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Upcoming Gospel Benefit Concert

Postby RandeDager » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 pm

A good friend of mine is an airplane mechanic and started a corporation a few years ago, called "Mission Wings", dedicated to renovating airplanes and sending them to various parts of the world for outreach and mission work.
He has organized a benefit concert being held on Saturday evening April 16 at the Performing Arts Center of Saline High School near Ann Arbor, Michigan. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it is a most impressive facility with 1100 theater style seats and several levels of balconies. I'm told that many touring professionals performing in the area prefer using this facility.

This will begin at 7:00 pm Saturday evening April 16. There will be several vocal acts/groups and then myself. I'll be playing my guitar instrumental versions of a number of familiar hymns and gospel tunes.......no backup, just pure guitar. We are all donating our time and abilities for this cause. The other performers are vocalists and recording artists. They are Camille Aragones, Wayland Lively, Lisbeth Melgar, and an acapella men's chorus called "A Chosen Few". If any of you are close enough to attend, I'd love to see you and meet you.

The website describing this company is "www.missionwingsforgod.org" If you click on "News & Events" you'll see a short video describing the concert. Entrance is free.
Rande
RandeDager

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins