Page 1 of 1

OT: Chet tabs on this site.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:54 pm
by thumbslinger
Well, it's Chet related enough I suppose. I just found this site tonight and thought it nice that there are so many arrangements on their site. Whether right/wrong doesn't concern me from the point of view that Chet's music (77 arrangements and inspired by's) are popping up more.

http://www.songsterr.com/a/wa/artist?id=723

Re: OT: Chet tabs on this site.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:35 am
by ghitarero
somebody have guitar pro tab of song "Hello Bluebird"?

Re: OT: Chet tabs on this site.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:10 pm
by PhilHunt
All of all tabs I have seen....Christian Denoyelle's tabs are pretty much spot on, I'd say 99% accurate. There was one of his tabs that was completely wrong and that was Jerry's "Swarmin". He didn't have it as an open G.
Craig D. and John k., and John M. tabs are usually dead on as well. Mark Pritcher does a pretty good job of transcribing as well.
The tabledit stuff is also pretty darn accurate.

Re: OT: Chet tabs on this site.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 pm
by PhilHunt
What album is "Hello Bluebird" on?

Re: OT: Chet tabs on this site.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:22 pm
by RonHaft
I looked at a couple tunes I've been working on and yeah that's not how Chet did it. In fact it's not how anyone I've heard did it. But still some interesting ideas here and there. If ya want to play just like Chet this ain't the place. But I don't, because I can't and never will be able to, so I might sift through here and look for some nuggets and at least some simle ideas I can handle. Thanx Kelly

Re: OT: Chet tabs on this site.....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:39 pm
by LMark
PhilHunt wrote:What album is "Hello Bluebird" on?


Mister Guitar, 1959. I think that might be the greatest arrangement Chet ever did of any tune. If you listen carefully, there's even a trumpet blast at one point. I would love to have seen him play that one. It has a few very mysterious fingerings and positions. LMark

Re: OT: Chet tabs on this site.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:56 am
by ghitarero
if somebody have tab of Hello Bluebird, please send me on e-mail: ghitarero @ gmail.com (without spaces)
Thanks.