Palmer Moore RIP

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Palmer Moore RIP

Postby rhirvine » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:25 pm

I just found out though Eddie Pennington's Facebook post that Palmer Moore died October 10, 2021. I've heard so much about him mostly on this site over the years I almost feel like I knew him. He sounds like the kind of man who helped make the world a better place for a great many. I have a vague feeling of loss since I never met him I suppose.
rhirvine

Re: Palmer Moore RIP

Postby DagerRande » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:30 am

Rich, I got to know Palmer quite well during all of the many times that I attended CAAS. He always reserved a special performance room at the convention where he encouraged guitarists of all levels to come in and perform. There was always a whiteboard on an easel standing outside his room with the names and times of the performers he had scheduled.
His enthusiasm and big smile were a trademark that we all associated with him.

Of special interest to you is the fact that he had been an engineer as his career!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby lakepikr » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Hello all … I was just wondering if anyone knew the cause of death, for Palmer Moore.
I never knew of him being sick, in what little time I was around him.
I’ll certainly miss the OFGC web site.
lakepikr

Postby bill_h » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:07 pm

How can this be? He was the epitome of health and happiness the last time I saw him which was back in 2018 in Nashville at the "young Thumbs" Convention. We said hello very briefly, shook hands, and went on about our business. Since I wasn't actually attending the convention but just dropped in after hours one night to say hello to some old friends that would be, unbeknownst to me at the time, the last time I would ever speak to Palmer.

Rich, I didn't know Palmer extremely well but I did know him enough to know that those nice things that you've heard about Palmer were absolutely true! I wish you could have met him.

I offer my deepest condolences to those who were close to Palmer. He is certainly irreplaceable! Rest in peace Palmer. You left us all too soon and will certainly missed by many1
bill_h

Postby RPVogh3 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:03 pm

RPVogh3

Postby Roger Pratt » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:22 pm

Palmer was a good friend of mine and I shall miss him. Someone asked the cause of death, Palmer had a history of cancer I suspect that was the cause though I don't know for sure.
Roger Pratt

Postby Admin » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:22 pm

Palmer was a wild man, and he certainly;y ;over Chet's music and he was a natural to run the jam stage which he did in recent years. That little room, along with the Kirk Sand room, have some of the best pickin which is spontaneous and non-rehearsed. Sometimes the room would have famous pickers show up in the middle of the night - like 4 AM!!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins