Gretsch CGP

Talk about guitars, amps and other gear.

Gretsch CGP

Postby Banjo » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:01 pm

I just Bought a Gretsch CGP. My First Gretsch. I really Love this Guitar. What String Gauges do yall CGP Players use , for Thumb Style & the Short Scale. ?
Banjo

Re: Gretsch CGP

Postby Steve Sanders » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Hey Banjo! Glad to hear about your new Gretsch CGP guitar!! I bought one a few years ago and it is second only to my Gretsch 6122-1959 Country Gentleman. I REALLY like my CGP! A lotta folks have bought them and then turned right around and sold them. Yeah, they are definitely a unique guitar but that is the best part. You don't have to use the stereo option all the time but it's great if you wanna. Just playing it as a regular ol' 6120 is mighty fine. Course, folks gittin' on a selling jag makes it easy for folks wanting to pick one up at a good price. I'll be hanging on to mine!!! As far as "strangs" I recommend D'Addairo EXL115W ( 11/14/21W/28/38/48 ). I like these for all Gretsch guitars. Like'em even better than the Gretsch Chet Atkins strings! I like the wound third string. Sides all that them CGP guitars sure are purdy! Hey, while I have ya on the line.......if you ever get a chance to try an Aphex Xciter pedal then you ought'a try one. Some fingerstyle pickers recommend the "bass" one over the "electric" one. I have the red "electric guitar" one and it sure adds some "pizzazz" to the sound. The only bad thang is once you hear or play thru one you won't wanna play without one!!! They are THAT good! Like Chet said, "That is my opinion and it ought'a be yours." Post a pic of you and your new guitar why doncha? Merry Christmas!!! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby Banjo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks Steve. I will try your suggestions, Keep ya Posted.Happy Holidays
Banjo

Postby Banjo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:07 am

I sold my CGP. I like the 25 1/2 Scale. Gretsch did a nice Job, just not my Cup of Tea.
Banjo

Return to Guitars and Equipment