Irish guitarist Shane Hennessy on Woodsongs show

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Irish guitarist Shane Hennessy on Woodsongs show

Postby rhirvine » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:11 pm

I'm watching the latest Woodsongs show on RFD TV and it features a Chet type picker. He is so good! I hadn't heard of him before but maybe he has been as CAAS convention to which I have never gone. I will try to get the show number so you can look it up on-line and see it. I never heard anybody play a Glenn Miller song on guitar before I think the tune name is "American Patrol".
rhirvine

Re: Irish guitarist Shane Hennessy on Woodsongs show

Postby rhirvine » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:02 pm

It is show #973 at the Woodsongs website archives. He is a true musician and composer of tunes. I was very impressed. At my age, I'm too old to be "scared up for life" as Roy Clark once quipped by his playing. Hell I was too old for that when I first heard Tommy Emmanuel and Richard Smith many years ago now.
rhirvine

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:41 pm

I finally got around to watching this show and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the info. I always enjoy tge show.
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:13 pm

Rich, he has been featured at CAAS the past couple of years. He came over from Ireland. He is very enthusiastic!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby rhirvine » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:57 pm

I knew it! That kind of talent is going to be associated with CAAS. Thanks Rande. BTW while my playing isn't as good as decades ago, I have been practicing most every day once or twice for many minutes and it's the best it has been in the last 15 years or so.
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:58 am

Rich, when I read anything that you write, the fact that I know you and have spent time with you personally adds context. I'm not at all surprised that your renewed enthusiasm in regular practice is resulting in improvement. I would attribute some of that to your level of expertise in the past. It's a combination of the renewing of previous "muscle memory" and the building of new neural pathways. I know that you have family to focus on and have a lot of distractions that result in putting practice on the "back burner". I'm sure that it's a good feeling to regain some of what you once had!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins