Bob Armstrong

Watch and share videos from youtube

Bob Armstrong

Postby LMark » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:05 am

See Bob Armstrong at 11:08 in this video. I assume that he's now passed away. He was one of the most creative pickers. He used to come into the old Pickin' Room. in the 2000s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNybT3D_16g

LMark
LMark

Re: Bob Armstrong

Postby DagerRande » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:22 pm

I don't know whatever happened to Bob? When I lived in Jefferson, TX in 2007-2008 Bob picked me up twice to take me to the TFGA meetings. Len Collins was the president then and he lived within walking distance of me. Other than for one Ohio meeting when visiting Audie Wykle, I've never attended meetings like this outside of CAAS. This is where I met Ken Goddard, Glenn Burgin, Bill Bailey, etc. We remain friends to this day.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby BillB » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:29 pm

I was told that Bob had passed away several years ago. I remember calling him after hearing that one of his longtime friends had passed away. During the conversation, I could tell that he was getting forgetful and repeating himself, which was very unlike Bob. I knew that he was a cancer survivor, and I think he also had heart issues. I'm not sure, but I think his family may have taken them in. I met a couple of his kids, and one lived in the DFW area. I wish I had done a better job of keeping track of him, but regretfully, I did not. I lost track of them, and at one of the TFGA meetings, Maxine told me that she heard that he had passed away. I think she said it was his heart. I really enjoyed getting to know him, and he could really play.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby DagerRande » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:47 am

I remember a few years ago listening to my father-in-law expressing his sadness in losing so many of his friends and family in his age bracket and I realized that most of mine were still around. As I get older, I'm noticing more and more that I'm in the same situation that he was. I'm very proactive in prolonging my life, with my health habits, I'm taking care of myself but the typical "default" for most people in their later years is for nature to take over and during their deterioration, certain components of the body quit functioning optimally and eventually are incapable of continuing, which in turn affects other organs and systems and their end finally arrives. I'm 70 now and am still doing fine but I'm losing friends and loved ones on a regular basis. Bob was quite vibrant and enthusiastic when I met him 12 years ago but yet he was older than I am now and these things should be no surprise. Yet it is still sad each time.
Last edited by DagerRande on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby LMark » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks, Rande and Bill, for your comments and discussion. i wish that I could have met Bob in person. LMark
LMark

Return to Video Files