Chet playing Stars and Stripes Forever.

Watch and share videos from youtube

Chet playing Stars and Stripes Forever.

Postby Ray Bohlken » Mon May 27, 2019 4:21 pm

I always like to watch Chet play this on patriotic holidays. It's a great version.
Ray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8BDYETDM5c
Ray Bohlken

Re: Chet playing Stars and Stripes Forever.

Postby DagerRande » Mon May 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Ray, that was the first time I actually got to SEE it be played! I spent 2 weeks learning it from Chet's "Live on the Road" cassette back in 1981 so that I could perform it at the "Faculty Talent Night". Some of the students who were there that evening are part of my FaceBook group now and have reminded me of it.

Guess what they talked about the most regarding that performance? It was about my singing of his final line when I'm not a singer and they knew it! All of the complex guitar work went right on by them....lol.

Thanks for reminding me. I may have to relearn it!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Tue May 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Rande, I'm glad you were able to learn that song. As much as I wanted to learn it, I never came close. Song 1 - me 0. I probably could have learned the vocal part of it, but I never was able to get to the end of it...don't you know. :D Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Wed May 29, 2019 11:15 pm

Ray, I would say that I've been "cursed" with being able to figure out what I hear better than my ability to play it well. I've taught songs to people who are more physically gifted than I am but they just wanted to know how to play them. They would eventually learn them and then perform them better than could.

I'm not saying I couldn't play it decently but the physical execution isn't my strong point. For me it's the process that happens between hearing and performing.

For "Stars & Stripes" I also had to create exercises to work on just to get through certain parts.

I guess it's like a football coach who helps his players to win but yet they are better than he is.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Video Files