My '67 COUNTRY GENT FOR SALE!

Postby DagerRande » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:53 am

67' Gretsch back 1.JPG
I would like to sell my 1967 Gretsch Country Gentleman. I got it used in early 1969 just before I went into the Army. It was 18 months old and someone helped me to figure out that it was made in Nov.’67

Since then I’ve had the tuning keys replaced and the T.V. Jones pickups installed, as well as having it refretted 4 years ago.

I also bought a new $200 Gretsch hard shell case 2 years ago that will come with it.

I have no expectations of getting back what I put into it but I’m asking $1,500.

If anyone is interested and going to CAAS next week, I’ll have it with me.
Attachments
67' Gretsch front 2.JPG
67' Gretsch front 1.JPG
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: My '67 COUNTRY GENT FOR SALE!

Postby Joeb » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:28 am

Hey Rande Joe here from the Chet board.Do you still have that guitar for sale? If so drop me a line at bichud@aol.com Thanks Joe
Joeb

Postby DagerRande » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Joe, a lot has happened since then. I tried pretty hard to sell it at the convention and even bought a brand new 2018 1959-6122 and returned it 3 months later. I decided just to have this one worked on instead. There is a guy near me who is considered one of the best in the midwest and he attracts customers even from Chicago. He is the one that the local Guitar Center tech sends stuff to when he can't do it himself. My guitar is with him right now. When it was for sale, I had NO idea what bad shape it was in! I couldn't play it like I used to and didn't know why? He has done a lot to it and I will pick it up in a couple of days. It was made in Nov.1967 and I bought it in Apr. 1969 and played it for many years and am hoping it will play like it used to. I have the new TV Jones pickups and the sound is great but now I just need to be able to play it!

Thanks for your interest though!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Joeb » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:01 am

Hi Rande Joe here again. I hope your guitar gets back to the way you remember it. If you ever want to sell it drop me a line. Thanks for the reply. All the best. Joe
Joeb

Postby DagerRande » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:37 am

Joe, to be honest, my intention was never to "get it back to the day I remember it". I suspect that this is why I didn't have any success at CAAS when it was on display for those 4 days. I know how "collectors" think and that isn't me. The guitar is 51 years old but my T.V.Jones pickups are only 3 years old. My bridge is basically new and my tuning keys are about 10 years old. Most people looking at "vintage" guitars don't want a mixture of different parts from different time periods. Also, I learned recently that the neck needed a lot of work, which is now being done. My goal was to have it play and sound as good as possible. I still love the new ones though because the necks are a little wider and I believe the scale length is longer. My hands aren't huge but they are larger than most. The first time I picked up a 6122-1959, there was no (adjustment period). It was perfect for me. However, it wasn't a wise move financially for me at this time. So now my goal is to get my '67 CG to play as well as possible.

thanks,
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE