Wonderful radio interview by R Emery with Chet, circa 1982

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Wonderful radio interview by R Emery with Chet, circa 19

Postby headgremlin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:02 am

Rande,

Yes, I am the Jere Uncapher you are talking about. I have not gone to the CAAS convention since 1998 because of a theatre I have been involved with for the past 62 years. They seem to schedule the convention when we are having shows scheduled. Also, as I do not play guitar, with the focus being more on guitarist workshops, I have had no reason to go, except maybe to see some of the people I have met earlier or read about on the chetboard. I have been collecting Chet's music since 1968 and continue to acquire items that I don't have. However, I don't see as much ow as I used to. An occasional new CD set with a song by Chet r an occasional foreign LP I didn't know about.

Don't worry, Doug, I am envious of all of the Chet songs you have posted on youtube. I always enjoyed listening to them and seeing the various photos you posted during the songs. I have loved listening to Chet's music all these years. Got turned on to Chet by a couple of friends who played Chet style. As has been mentioned in a magazine article by Jim Ohlsmidt, the first album I bought was "The Best Of Chet Atkins." I had to try to find anything pertaining to Chet that was available. Unfortunately, he had been recording for 20 years so I had a lot to find. I had made a discography of his music and sold several copies., but it is now so outdated. I am doing it mostly for myself now, as it would be too costly to reproduce. There are other discographies out there that have been posted. I have a song discography of all of Chet's songs on the different formats, 78's, 45s LP's cassettes, 8 tracks, cds's that is over 300 pages by itself.
Jere
headgremlin

Postby DagerRande » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Doug, I guess I unintentionally introduced you to Jere! Yes Jere, I thought that was you! I learned about you when I was standing in line to see Chet and Jere at McCabe's record shop in Hollywood in June of 1992. I mentioned to someone about my large vinyl collection of Chet and Jerry and thought I might have the largest collection. A couple of guys overheard me and told me that "Jere Uncapher has the largest collection around". I was told that if there were identical records in more than one color of cover, you would purchase both! I would never try to compete with that level of obsession and I've never forgotten you!

I always thought of you as having the largest collection of Chet records. When it came to tab, I think of Ken Goddard, but maybe that role has been taken over?

I'm glad that you've reappeared!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Jere,

Between you and me, I sorely miss being able to post on Y’tube. I miss it with all my heart. Without boring you with all the gory details my life basically went south. Company went to Mexico, lost my home through bankruptcy, lost my car and driver license, lost my pc, my wife died, etc, etc. So my posting on my Chet channel got torpedoed. I probably only posted maybe half of my Chet records.

I really enjoyed trying to make creative videos to go along with them using Windows Movie Maker. It was a blast, although a learning process that I got better at. I think “Blue Angel” and “Frog Kissing” were my favorites of which I was most proud, but I also liked the ones with smiling babies like in “Give The World A Smile.”

I also got lots of compliments for the ones that used pics of gorgeous women!

Anyway, I miss that with all my heart, and I hope to be able to get back to doing it. My creative juices are always ready to flow.

Part of the problem is that I don’t know how to get back into the account since Google took over and screwed with everything..
Doug Working

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins