British Rocker Reacts To Chet Sweep Picking In Maleguena

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

British Rocker Reacts To Chet Sweep Picking In Maleguena

Postby Doug Working » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:45 pm

I really LIKE this guy! I guess a big part of the reason I like him is because he obviously likes Chet! Any friend of Chet is a friend of mine! I am inspired by his open mindedness. He’s not closed minded so as to only enjoy rock guitar.

But what REALLY impresses me about this video is not only Chet’s magnificent playing, but this guys KNOWLEDGE of Chet’s formative years! You and me all know the story of Chet’s early childhood. We have heard them all and probably viewed them as movies over and over in our minds. But in this video, this British rocker rattles off the anecdotes about Chet’s childhood and first years with the guitar in a way which proves to me that he has really studied the early years of Mr Guitar.

That makes me feel good.

I want to give this guy a hug!

I enjoy his videos. The guy has a twinkle in his eye, and a really sweet spirit about him. Makes you want to call him brother!

https://youtu.be/h1dL38TY-9Q

Doug
Doug Working

Re: British Rocker Reacts To Chet Sweep Picking In Maleguena

Postby rhirvine » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:48 pm

He seems like a true afficionado of guitar in general and probably plays well himself. A obviously loves Chet;s playing.
rhirvine

Postby Doug Working » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:44 pm

Exactly. That’s what sets him apart. Many rockers have no time or interest for Chet’s playing.
Doug Working

Postby Von » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Most if not all of the rockers are aware of the great Chet Atkins. Very few of them can understand or comprehend that style. In most cases its way above their pay grade to ever be able to play as great as he did.
Von

Postby rhirvine » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Of the British rock guitarists I'm aware of I'd say that, Mark Knoffler, George Harrison, Steve Howe, Laurence Juber and possibly Paul McCartney were all Chet fans growing up and learning guitar. There are probably more.
rhirvine

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins