youtube

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

youtube

Postby cmcbeth » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:06 pm

I just came across a you tube upload by 'Daffydoug' from June 30, 2008 of Sophisticated Lady by Chet. Never heard this version before and was wondering if anyone could tell me what album it was from.
cmcbeth

Re: youtube

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:28 pm

It was originally on the "Chet Atkins At Home" album. It was on "Relaxin' With Chet", too. I don't know if it was the same version on both or if it's the version you heard on You Tube.
Ray Bohlken

Postby cmcbeth » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Thanks Ray. I did some searching and found clips from Relaxin with Chet CD. That is the version. It is quite different than the one on Chet Atkins At Home. Beautiful harmonics. Ordered a copy on Amazon. Can't wait for it to arrive
cmcbeth

Postby rhirvine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 pm

Somewhere along the way I got the idea that Daffydoug = Doug Working. Is that so?
rhirvine

Postby Doug Working » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:34 pm

To quote my friend Bugs Bunny, "Eh, that would be me, doc. Ain't I a stinker?"

That was a few years ago when I started posting. I was quite heavy into posting Chet's tunes on Y'tube. I believe I posted over 500. I borrowed the Daffy Doug monicker from the character I play when performing magic shows for younger audiences.

I know some of the Chet videos were a little corny, but it was a learning process for me, as I had never attempted anything like that, and I believe I got better as time went on. And I was all ready to post another 500, when tragedy struck my life. My company went to Mexico, I lost my job, my dad passed away, my wife of twenty years died, I lost my house, my driver license, my car, my p.c and EVERYTHING to bankruptcy. But I had the clothes on my proverbial back, at least. I came a hair's breath from being homeless, so with no home and no pc, my time of posting Chet tunes came to a screeching halt. Oh, but I loved every glorious minute of it!! Heck, I even got some subscribers!!

Well, it ended up that I got re-married, moved to Arkansas from Indiana, and that lasted not very long at all. Separation happened between us. Moved far away from Arkansas back here to Indiana. (Are you dizzy, yet?)

Wife got all my possessions including my magic show illusions and my p.c. My possessions were in Arkansas in her storage, and my body was here in good ol' Indiana.

Well, here it is about seven years later, (a looooooooooooooooong seven years!) and some things are starting to come together again, but it's been a long, hard crawl. But the good news is that I have a p.c. in my room now after all these years, and my son, who is a wiz with tech stuff, set it up for me and got it going. Tomorrow for the first time in seven years I will have home internet again, and I am quite anxious to post more Chet tunes. Wow!! After seven years of inactivity, BOY am I ready! See guys, I would never have stopped, but man, my life fell apart and it was out of my control.

Problem is, Google owns YouTube, and I have multiple YouTube channels besides my Chet Channel. So the hoop I have to now jump through is figuring out all those old passwords so I can sign into and out of the Chet channel I created. That could be very, very tricky, as we all know how crazy it gets when you forget a password. I'm not sure if I will EVER get back in. The thing will literally take you round and round in circles trying to prove that you are really you. It gets maddening!! It can make you want to pull your hair out, which would be quite an excellent magic trick for me, considering I no longer have any.

I chrome domed myself when I was playing the role of Pontius Pilate in a play called Messiah, but I digress.

(Besides guitar, I also perform in community theater as an actor, plus perform magic shows and ventriloquism.) and I sing and do vocal impersonations of classic cartoons. I'm a pretty Daffy guy. So yeah, I'm a walking, talking one man Ed Sullivan show, just waiting for a place to perform..

Anyway, my aim right at the moment is to be able to post more Chet tunes. And having a home p.c. now will allow me to someday get band in a box that you guys turned me onto, which is something that I just can't wait!!

And now, to quote the great Paul Harvey, you know the rest of the story!
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins