Chet with Stanley Jordan (Sweet Georgia Brown)

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet with Stanley Jordan (Sweet Georgia Brown)

Postby Doug Working » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:26 pm

First I saw this one:

https://youtu.be/sHp7l4Z_kBw
Doug Working

Re: Chet with Stanley Jordan (Sweet Georgia Brown)

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:14 am

I'd seen this one before, but it was great to check it out again. Thanks for the reminder...I enjoyed it.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby rhirvine » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:08 pm

I never saw this one before. I really like it. The older master with a younger guitarist! Is Stanley Jordan still out there performing? Thanks for posting this link. I always wanted to see him perform. He was supposed to be at an all star guitar night with "what's her name" (I wish I could remember her name. Give me a day or two and it will pop into my head) in Los Angeles many many years ago but Jordan couldn't make it. but I got to see Martin Taylor, Richard Smith and Jim Nichols play. Each for the first time. So it was worth it. I brought my young son along who is now 32 but he took up rock guitar. Oh well. I tried.
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:22 pm

This video was posted a while back. I used to see Stanley Jordan on Johnny Carson's show. Rich, you were trying to think of Muriel Anderson. She started the "All Star Guitar Night". That was back when Richard was more quiet and unassuming....lol. I never knew that Stanley Jordan was supposed to be part of that?
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins