Pete Huttlinger in the Hospital

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Pete Huttlinger in the Hospital

Postby Pvee » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:56 pm

I noticed this on the Acoustic Guitar Forum and thought that some of you would be interested.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just received an email from Mark Hanson that Pete Huttlinger is in the hospital, having suffered a stroke yesterday. Mark's understanding is that the doctors are optimistic. I hope the optimism is for a full recovery.

One never knows what a day will bring forth.
Pvee

Re: Pete Huttlinger in the Hospital

Postby J J Harmon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 pm

That's bad news.

I saw him play Sat nite and he played perfect and the sound was great. He said a few words about Chet in the intro to a song. I had on my Three Dimension's t-shirt and I shook his hand after the show.
J J Harmon

Postby cgprnd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm a big fan of Pete. His arrangements are of songs that I've not heard people adapt to the guitar. I enjoy his originality. I received an email from him recently about recently having had heart surgery. This stroke may be connected.

In fact he indicated that he didn't mind having it passed along, so here is his email:

I was supposed to travel to the UK on US Airways to take my step-daughter to college in Liverpool. The ticket was over $1200.00. As it turned out, I had to have heart surgery a few days before the trip and had to cancel my trip. At that point, I didn't know if I could ever fly again. I was pretty sick. My doc sent a letter to US Airways explaining the situation. US Airways said "No" to a refund. "You read and agreed to the terms of a non-refundable ticket." Honest, that's what they said. If I can fly again, they'll let me use the ticket if I pay them another $150 for their troubles. So now I'm trying to transfer the ticket to a healthier family member. Wonder how much they'll want for that?

Remember the "United Breaks Guitar" song? Anyone feel like writing a song for US Airways...? I'm learning that if you are not Southwest Airlines, your customer service in non-existent. They couldn't care less about real people and real life problems.

Feel to pass this along to anyone you like. The airlines have got to learn that we are people and that life sometimes gets in the way. I'm tired of being treated like the only thing that matters about me is my money.
Pete Huttlinger
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Postby Phil Owens » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Just sick to hear this. If anyone in Nashville has opportunity to visit Pete, I sure would appreciate a report.

Thanks,
Phil
Phil Owens

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Certainly wishing the very best for Pete.
Richard Hudson

Postby Phil Owens » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Pete recently took second at Winfield and put his prize (guitar) up for sale to help pay medical bills. I wonder if this might be a good time to purchase some instructional stuff to help boost his cashflow. Pete and his wife, Erin, are great folks.

http://www.petehuttlinger.com/online.cfm

Thanks,
Phil
Phil Owens

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins