best bridge for electromatic gretsch

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

best bridge for electromatic gretsch

Postby Russ » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:13 pm

I have a electomatic Gretsch with bridge posts screwed in through the top and want to upgrade the bridge. It appears the Tru-arc and Comton bridges are designed for bridges with a wooden base / foot so as to allow for intonation adjustment.What is the BEST quality bridge for my style bridge with fixed posts?
Russ

Re: best bridge for electromatic gretsch

Postby tyguy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Russ wrote:I have a electomatic Gretsch with bridge posts screwed in through the top and want to upgrade the bridge. It appears the Tru-arc and Comton bridges are designed for bridges with a wooden base / foot so as to allow for intonation adjustment.What is the BEST quality bridge for my style bridge with fixed posts?

I think a lot of folks use the Compton for fixed posts(check the Gretsch forum).Just measure the post spacing and check with Wayne C.He makes a quality(work of art really)at a reasonable price.My '67 335 has fixed posts and an aluminum Compton to replace Tune-A-Matic and it fits perfectly and the intonation is great. Ty M.
tyguy

Postby Paul Rauch » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:04 am

I just bought a new electromatic. I'm curious what the problem is with the stock bridge.
Paul Rauch

Postby Paul Rauch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:46 pm

I see there was problem of going out of tune with the factory bridge. So, I put a Wilkinson roller bridge on it, which solved the problem. It fitted right onto the Gretsch posts.
The pickups sound good through a Standel Studio 24 amp. I like the neck. It's a good purchase.
Paul Rauch

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins