Pacobble

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Pacobble

Postby Gary Smith » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:57 pm

I too, am sorry to hear of his passing. I've enjoyed his picking, althought, I never met him in person.
May the blessings be.
Gary Smith

Postby Wayne Canning » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 pm

For Jim’s Family, Please accept my condolences, thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Jim was always so nice to me since we met in 2004 at CAAS and earlier on the Web.

I recall one year he let me play his Godin for about an hour at the convention to test drive one since there were none available in my area to try out. We will all miss him.

Thanks, Take Care, Wayne
Wayne Canning

Postby russj » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:45 am

I'm so sorry to hear this news, and send my deepest sympathy to Jim's family. I'll always have fond memories of him picking a tune on his Gibson at CAAS in the old days, through to his last visit this year, and of his kindness and great sense of humour.
russj

Postby whiskers » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:54 pm

I first met Pa at CAAS 2004. I was looking for a place to plug in my camera battery charger along the side of the main concert room. Pa offered to let me plug into his power block and even made space for me to set up my tripod next to his, even though it was very crowded along the wall that day. We talked and got acquainted. For the next 6 years we greeted and talked to each other in the same spot along the wall of the room. Pa took the time to tutor me on some of the equipment he was using. He answered lots of my questions on recording in the TFGA picking room. We also talked about some of his days in the US Air Force and a little about "ham" radio. He was a fine man, and I was so grateful to be able to talk to him once again at CAAS 2010. Pa's family showed just how important he was to them by making the trip. We have lost a good and Godly man on this earth. I pray that I will meet him again some day.

Tom Robinson
whiskers

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins