Wanting to impress my wife!

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Wanting to impress my wife!

Postby cgprnd » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:16 am

Norm, that may not have been the most accurate description of my desire. I probably should have said
something like "Wanting to Expand my Wife's View of Finger Style Guitar". As I said, I'm the only person
she has ever seen in person playing my style. She has been so impressed with me that I wanted to share
with her some of what has inspired me. It isn't about Tommy E. personally because I had already reached
a level of expertise long before I ever heard of Tommy E., but he brings with him many elements of
what I want her to see and hear, as well as including the entertainment factor, which many skilled finger
stylists don't (including myself).

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Postby thenorm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:16 am

Go to the show
Take your best friend (being your wife)
Enjoy the show.

In the future she may want to go to an event that perhaps you might initially not want to attend. You'll owe her and you'll go because she is your best friend.

That's how it's supposed to work...

Relax. Rmember this. Anxiety tends to make us create mental scnarios of 'what might happen' and most of them never come to pass.
thenorm

Postby Dale See » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:29 am

Rande,

I understand what you are concerned about. No one can guarantee what TE may or may not do at a performance, but I have seen him many times outside of CAAS and his performances are ALWAYS dominated by top notch fingerstyle guitar playing. He may do some percussive stuff and make a little noise once in a while with "Initiation" but he is a consumate fingerstyle guitarist and that always shows through in his performances.

If your wife is not a fingerstyle guitar player, I predict she will be more impressed with the entertainment value he gives than the actual playing. If she is a player, she will appreciate both.

I have taken many people with many different musical tastes to see TE and ALL of them walked away happy and impressed.

Have fun!
Dale
Dale See

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins